CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

9th July 2015, 21:14
10a. One's present at birth, if found here? - MIDWIFE (One's present at birth)

I can see that it reads midwIFe, so 'IF' is 'found here', but so is 'Mid' or 'We', so I'm presuming there's something else in the wordplay that I'm missing - help appreciated.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th July 2015, 21:22
I found this Brendan. I hope the link works.

http://times-xwd-times.livejournal.com/1345114.html
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

brendan

9th July 2015, 21:29
Hi Rossm, thanks for that. I saw the explanation there but it just seems a bit 'weak', or at least I thought so. I mean, if it was 'found between 'Points' (Compass), or 'Players' (Bridge), then it would seem like normal Times wordplay. But for it just to be that two of the letters in the wordplay appear in the answer - I don't know, I thought there must be something I'm missing - but it seems not. Anyway, thanks again Rossim.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

rossim

9th July 2015, 21:37
I thought it was weak too!
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

brendan

9th July 2015, 21:46
Thanks Rossim, I'm glad it's it's not just me. I mean it seems as though there was scope there for so much more in respect of the wordplay, inasmuch as the word in question - IF - is 'Mid' the letters W and E (West & East?), and they in turn are preceded by the word 'Mid'! Yet all it says is that it's 'found here'.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post