CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

6th July 2015, 09:35
Has anyone looked at this yet? Twelve clues to be shortened to the length given after the clue. Except all clue lengths match the number of boxes as far as I can see. Any ideas?
1 of 64  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th July 2015, 09:37
Forget that nonsense, have just read it properly. Obviously not fully awake yet.
2 of 64  -   Report This Post

dizoz

6th July 2015, 10:04
hi tl, just opened 145. here we go again!!!
I guess we have to work out which 12 clues are involved - solve - and adjust to fit the letter count. Are the resultant reduced solutions also defined in the clue???
Hmmmmmmm!!!
3 of 64  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th July 2015, 16:40
I'm about halfway through the crossword and have got six of the twelve but I can't see what the "adjustments of a consistent sort" are - no pattern at all as far as I can see (so far).
4 of 64  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

6th July 2015, 18:04
I've got most of this done but struggling with 4dn. A wee hint would be appreciated.
5 of 64  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

6th July 2015, 18:07
The planes were used in WW2.
6 of 64  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th July 2015, 18:15
Sorry TL, I haven't got 4D yet.

Planes?? I've got 10 of the 12 (only 5 clues left to finish) and I haven't seen a plane yet!! The 'adjustments' I've made have been consecutive letters, none of which gives me anything other than leaving the only possible shortened words to enter in the grid. Can you give a hint without spoiling it for others? eg. 26A, I've removed the 3rd to 5th letters but Google doesn't help with it.
7 of 64  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th July 2015, 18:21
Oh boy! I've gone horribly wrong with this. I can't believe that I'm only 5 away from finishing and have been putting the wrong words in the grid (and they've fitted in with all the crossers). I can now see what the 12 are. Doh!
8 of 64  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

6th July 2015, 18:21
I have a full grid and a "consistent" method of removing letters but do not see how the removals are related, or as yet anything thematic about what's going on.
9 of 64  -   Report This Post

simond9x

6th July 2015, 18:29
Kilgore Trout - sorry, I misunderstood your first post which, briefly, made me think that I'd been going wrong. I've rethought it and I hadn't but I think a lie-down in a darkened room is called for before I continue.
10 of 64  -   Report This Post