CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kilgore trout

1st July 2015, 21:27
Anyone looking for a Listener-quality challenge? CAM magazine #75 has a nice puzzle by Schadenfreude this month:

https://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/files/cam-crosswords-and-solutions/gap_fillers_branded.pdf
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

aspria

2nd July 2015, 10:22
It may be nice but it's also very tough - particularly the asterisked clues. I have most of the down answers but am making heavy weather of the second half of the acrosses - from Bills (which is particularly obstinate) on.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd July 2015, 13:28
Do you have to be a "Cambridge man" to enter?
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

2nd July 2015, 15:12
Nothing in the rules seems to indicate so, but I've never entered so I can't say for sure (I am a man but not of the Cambridgey sort).
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

ginge

3rd July 2015, 12:11
Thanks for posting this KT although I'm unlikely to get a chance to tackle it until after the weekend. Curiosity got the better of me as I haven't noticed you initiating a thread before.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

3rd July 2015, 15:09
I like to wait a year or two before just jumping in. I was going to make my first post about kitchens, but then I thought, that's been done.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

cockie

29th July 2015, 20:21
This has gone a bit quiet. Schadenfreude has excelled himself this time, and despite having spent well over 12 hours on this I still have 9 clues to solve, including 5 asterisked ones. I have various possibilities fir the originator, including Wilde and Verdi, but neither shows much promise by way of a "work". Anyone got any useful pointers?
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

29th July 2015, 23:30
Originator is a bit more contemporary. The "work" is from a 1973 musical, probably most famous from Judy Collins' version.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th July 2015, 05:54
Hi, kt et al! Just looked in out of curiosity as I used to do the CAM puzzles. What a beauiful song to re-discover, assuming I undertood your hint correctly! Fortunately I've thrown the puzzle away (no hassle necessary in our continuing heat-wave here in France). Nice to hear from you again, though! hHappy solving, all!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » CAM 75