CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paulinep

25th January 2009, 14:43
Just one left to solve and I think my brain is tired! Clued in an anagram of "Indian starters" (14) ?R???D?I?S???A
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

paulinep

25th January 2009, 14:51
Addendum for clarification!...I said my brain was tired! Forgot to add that this is one of four solutions clued in anagrams. The whole (all with 14 letters) is from The Times`s predictions for world danger spots in 2009 and reads "..there could be a need for a TROUBLESHOOTER in ?R???D?I?S???A,regarded APPREHENSIVELY due to DISENCHANTMENT therein.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

big dave

25th January 2009, 15:22
No need for all the rest of it PP

The answer is Transdniestria, a disputed region in SE Europe

Read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

paulinep

25th January 2009, 15:49
Thank you for your help Big Dave, you`re a star! First time I`ve been unable to complete The Week Crossword/first request for help/new to Forum. Anxious to supply full details resulting in too much information!
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

big dave

25th January 2009, 16:37
If it's any help, Pauline, I solved this a day or so ago on another forum, and by the time I got back to give the answer someone else had beaten me to it!!

None of the anagram solvers that I tried were any help, but this site found it from the placed letters.

http://www.onelook.com/
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

paulinep

25th January 2009, 16:54
Thank you for the link Big Dave, much appreciated. Have added the site to my favourites list and I`m sure it will be very useful!
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

julia

26th January 2009, 11:49
hello, I got that and all the reat but am stuck on the clue of the Week from the DT Toughie.
Clue is Wee Italian 6 and 3 starting with N U.

Any ideas. Would be obliged. Thanks.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

mike b

26th January 2009, 12:08
I suppose NUMBER ONE might fit the 'wee' part, but I can't see an Italian connection with that.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

26th January 2009, 12:25
NUMERO UNO might be closer.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

mike b

26th January 2009, 13:08
Yep! That sounds more like it
10 of 11  -   Report This Post