CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

23rd June 2015, 11:18
Good morning friends. Hope the week went well. Plenty of sunshine here but still quite cool, especially in the breeze. This is my penultimate 5@5 before I take a long summer break. Hope you enjoy the challenge. J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. “To win only” is attached to the bill? (2,3,4)

2. Picked out deep cider-pink rare flower of Russian origin (7)

3. Whacked an ace, splitting racket (4,2)

4. No supplement to psalms pack found in church (4,3)

5. Pry into chapters and records of Newton, say (6,5)
1 of 25  -   Report This Post

andyc

23rd June 2015, 11:39
Hi Jolan. Great stuff I'll print them off. Crocked so again no golf for me....must be getting old!
2 of 25  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd June 2015, 11:42
Good morning jolan, similar weather here not that it makes much difference as I'm wallpapering today. I've got #s 1-3 and will ponder over the other 2 as a welcome distraction to the accompanying sounds of "Deep Purple".
3 of 25  -   Report This Post

jolan

23rd June 2015, 11:53
Hi Andy (NEVER!) and Ginge (the colour of the wallpaper?). I've tried to make 'em fairly straightforward today (apart from #5). I'm definitely going out to do some gardening today. CU ltr. J
4 of 25  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd June 2015, 11:55
Hi jolan
Just #2 and #3 at first look.

It should be dry enough (at last) to garden this afternoon.
5 of 25  -   Report This Post

jolan

23rd June 2015, 12:34
Hi Chris and welcome. Off out now to 'do a bit'.
6 of 25  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd June 2015, 12:59
Good afternoon jolan.
Just back from lunch.
I have only #2
7 of 25  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd June 2015, 16:03
Very late start (been sweeping millions of soggy maple keys off the roof after a downpour). Only see a few, and as usual the #$@^%(& site isn't cooperating.
8 of 25  -   Report This Post

ginge

23rd June 2015, 16:25
Hi jolan, now got them all and it was only after twigging #5 my "déjà vu" kicked in. I won't spoil it for others by giving the date when you used something similar. As we "discussed" previously near duplication is inevitable at some point. As always your efforts are much appreciated and I'm already looking forward to next week.
9 of 25  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

23rd June 2015, 16:38
Hi Ginge/Jolan if you get 5 does that make you one?
10 of 25  -   Report This Post