CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

23rd June 2015, 08:09
First of all, thanks to all who reported today's kitchen spam. As I said on an earlier thread, even before showering my first job of the day is to check for spam on the Forum. What an exciting life I lead!

Les ask "Can't these knobheads just be blocked from the site altogether?"

The answer is how? Each day I send Ash today's spam domains so that he can block them.

Whilst the spam remains at a controllable level, he is reluctant to have a bar on new applicants until they have been vetted (sounds painful).

He thinks that they apply to join at that given moment in time because they either want help or to contribute to an existing thread. If they have to wait for me to accept them, then they might be deterred altogether.

That's the current situation folks, we really are doing our best. I'm sat in my Jim jams as I type this, that's dedication to the cause!

1 of 5  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

23rd June 2015, 09:12
Ash tells me that he had now tweaked how the Forum works to make it harder for spammers. He was specific in what he had done but I'm not sharing the info here in case the spammers take the trouble to read the Forum. Let's hope it works!
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

rosalind

23rd June 2015, 09:30
Thanks Norah. Let's hope you don't have to spend too much more time in front of your computer in your jim--jams!
R
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

24th June 2015, 09:31
Not today, Rosalind, no working in Jim jams. For the first day in ages I couldn't buy a kitchen, long may it continue. Ash's tweak seemed to have worked but I dare say the spammers are working hard to find a way round it!
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

busby

24th June 2015, 09:34
They are looking after our welfare Norah. Spam is much better cooked ;-)
5 of 5  -   Report This Post