CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gaeilge

12th March 2010, 18:17
An focail deireannach as Tionma Nua (I thought it was Amen)(4) _ I _ _ _ N (that's pattern of letters)

Dearfá, Siúráilte (6) - - N - - E

Scéal gan bunús (5) R - - - A

Níl a lán gaeilge agam, but I do try!!!
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th March 2010, 18:35
Welcome to the forum and I hope you find another Irish Gaelic speaker/writer as you are the first one I've seen.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

gaeilge

12th March 2010, 18:49
I wish... I am gone from school 26 years, and there have not been many opportunities to use my piosa gaeilge. However, decided to try this crossword, and I have already got a lot of answers. Just missing these few. Looking forward to Lá Fhéile Phádraig
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th March 2010, 23:38
There's a lot of discussion on the Irish translation forum as to whether that should be Phádraig or Pádraig, but I'll wish you Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Duit for Wednesday anyway.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

tonta

14th March 2010, 13:03
I'm working on the first clue but the second one is CINNTE, meaning "sure" or "certain". The third one is RASLA, meaning rumour.
How wonderful to see crossword clues in another language - no such thing as a dead language! Glad to see Gaeilge alive and kicking. Slainte to you all.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

tonta

14th March 2010, 15:39
Could you clarify the details of the first clue. You have written the number 4 in brackets (4) which in this forum is used to indicate the number of letters in the answer. But then you give a series containing 6 letters for what you have so far:- _ I _ _ _ N. I'm a bit confused, but very keen to work out the answer.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

gaeilge

14th March 2010, 17:23
yes the grid says 6, but in the clue it says (4)
However the grid is what I have given. I think the answer is AMEN, but a friend suggests that it could be AIMEIN or something like that
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

eleanormcn

14th March 2010, 17:35
"Áiméan" is "Amen" in Irish according to my dictionary (de Bhaldraithe 1977)
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

gaeilge

14th March 2010, 21:33
Go raibh maith agaibh go leir.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post