CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » SPAM

norah (admin)

15th June 2015, 09:35
Once again, thanks for reporting the spam, I really do appreciate it. It has become my first job of the day even before I shower, check the IPad for new kitchens etc.

Ash is looking at ways of solving had problem whilst at the same time not deterring genuine newcomers from joining the Forum.

I sent him today's email addresses, some of the email providers are obviously bogus and asked him to ban them. A lot come from other providers, which is more tricky as they are genuine email address.

We are doing our best, honestly!
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

15th June 2015, 19:19
Yet again thanks to those users who reported this afternoon's spam.

Roslyn asks when will it end - the answer is we don't know but Ash is going his best. He has today banned 3 spam domain providers, hopefully he can ban more in the days to come. The trouble is there are a lot of spam domain providers out there.

Please keep reporting the spam, I look in as often as possible and try to clear all the kitchens out. It will be bedrooms next!

Once again thanks.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

15th June 2015, 22:06
Bouncing to top so that our Southern Hemisphere users can see it at 2.am BST.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

16th June 2015, 09:18
Two more spam domains banned today, let's hope they get fed up and leave us alone.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

busby

16th June 2015, 09:44
The spammers had a big hit on another "northern" forum I visit a while ago Norah. They don't go there much these days. Fingers crossed...
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

18th June 2015, 07:24
Fingers crossed, for the first time in over a week there is no spam today.

Let's hope it lasts.

Going out today for a ride on the West Somerset railway to Minehead so will not be able to delete any that come in until later.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th June 2015, 07:47
Have a good day, Norah.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » SPAM