CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

26th May 2015, 07:03

I have no interest in whatever you are/were chatting about, & also don't understand what the problem is.
Apparently you kept to one thread; admirable !

What annoys me are the people who start a new thread for every question they have, even though it's been answered on someone else's thread, had they taken the trouble to look. THAT is clutter.

Perhaps you should try AnswerBank. Everything is very well organized by topic, including one called Chatterbank where you can talk to your heart's content. Look at the left-hand menu.

Posting a link here is probably taboo, so just Google it. It should be the first on the list.

Cheers.
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

bernie

26th May 2015, 11:22
Hear hear!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

rossim

26th May 2015, 11:37
...... and those who open a new thread just to say thank you or comment on the answer.

Good luck to Rusty and Elle. Maybe the complainers were just jealous of a lovely friendship that had developed.
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th May 2015, 12:01
I don't think chatterbank is for one-to-one chats.
You have to head the thread with a general top such as BGT, cinema, pets, topical news etc. where everyone joins in.
Stick with us guys
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

26th May 2015, 12:16
I'll be scared to stick my head above the parapet and say one word, Jazzy!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th May 2015, 13:18
Please don't be Elle. Chats ARE still allowed. (maybe not marathons though ;0)
We have always had some chats within crossword threads themselves, and no one has complained about that; when someone has spotted me, I have often been asked how I am, or how's my garden etc. And when we see redcoral, we often ask how she is doing.
One crossword enquiry, suddenly took a U-turn into the cycle ride round Box Hill, if you remember . Another into the benefits of waterfalls..
See now things develop. It will all blow over in no time.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

26th May 2015, 13:43
Thanks, Jazzy, altho it was trying to do the 'right' thing, and keep away from talking on crossword threads, that got us into trouble ........
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th May 2015, 13:56
aha Jazzy, and the reproductive and respiratory habits of dragonflies!!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th May 2015, 14:00
... and beavers Ros !!

Just dive in Elle. Don't be nervous.

9 of 13  -   Report This Post

hallgreening

26th May 2015, 14:04
Why does it matter if we open a new thread? Are we going to overload the Internet or something?
10 of 13  -   Report This Post