CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rusty

25th May 2015, 20:58
Hello,
Frankly I am astonished that such a kerfuffle seems to have arisen through the demise of the "Rusty/Elle" thread. It is a storm in a teacup, folks, nothing more.
The thread had taken on epic proportions and some folk complained about it. Fair play.
I was certainly very happy to go along with Norah's wishes, in curtailing or abandoning the thread.
I asked her to ban me from the site so I would not be tempted back and engage in more non crossword chat.
She has since talked me out of that.
Several folk have mentioned keeping in touch by email.
Not for me. Others may be happy doing so, but not me.
As Norah has said you can still chat away but not on very long threads. That is entirely reasonable, surely?
I just hope that the forum settles down, now that some bees have flown from bonnets.
Lastly, I would like to thank Norah for the excellent way in which she runs this site. More power to your elbow, ma'am!
21 of 30765  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th May 2015, 22:13
Rusty
If that means that you are not intending to leave us, may I say that I am very pleased!
22 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th May 2015, 22:37
Me too, Rusty and I hope Elle continues to post her valuable contributions too.

I notice that none of the complainers have come forward to state their case.

23 of 30765  -   Report This Post

doglet

26th May 2015, 02:41
Hi Norah
Could you please give Elle my email address
Thankyou
24 of 30765  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

26th May 2015, 08:44
Doglet, I have forwarded Elle your email address as requested.

Rusty, thank you very much for your support, your kind comments are much appreciated.

I have read the thread with interest and it is apparent that I am ‘big bad wolf’ to many users for deleting the other threads.

Could I just say I run the Forum for Ash to the best of my ability, I take decisions as I feel appropriate and I cannot please everyone all of the time, I just try to keep an even balance between all users. Now and again things blow up, as this weekend (if Ash paid me overtime, he would owe me a fortune for the hours I have put in) but by and large things potter along very peacefully, so let’s try and get back to that, please.

I would just remind everyone that this is primarily a CROSSWORD FORUM, it is not a personal chat forum. There are many services out there for chatting, Messenger and Skype spring to mind but there are many more. Can I respectfully suggest that one of these alternative services would be more suitable if you want long conversations with other people.

I hope that this is my last word on the subject. Have a nice week and let’s hope the good weather continues.

25 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th May 2015, 10:20
That is a very gracious comment Rusty and I am so pleased you have decided to stay as you are highly valued here. I also sent you a little message, as well as Elle which I hope was passed on. Hope things return to normal now (whatever normal is !)
26 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

26th May 2015, 10:21
@Norah
Thank you, Norah, for forwarding Doglet's and Linda's email addresses to me. That was most kind of you. Consequently, we will continue our contact by email in future.
I've read your last posting on the forum, Norah. I'm sorry if I sounded off somewhat yesterday in response to people's kindness. I do appreciate the difficulty you must have in keeping everyone happy and satisfied.
Rusty is right (he often is!) in saying that you do a fine job in running the forum. Even when some of us may not agree with a decision you make, I am sure you basically have everyone's best interests at heart and I know you worry about our wellbeing , making sure that all of us are security conscious.
Thank you for your help and co-operation over the last few days.
I'm sure we'll all calm down soon......

Doglet and Lin : I'll be in touch very soon. Better check your junk box for emails.
'Elle' is my initial, not my name! So watch out for an email address beginning with 'L'.

Rusty: I hope you're well. We'll talk at some stage but most definitely in "small amounts" so as to obey company policy and not offend anyone!!
27 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

27th May 2015, 07:02

^^^ ^^^

28 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

27th May 2015, 17:32
Nice to see things are settling down on the forum.
Can I thank everyone who showed a bit of concern for Elle and me. It is appreciated!
Elle, I am sure we will chat again, within reason, on here.
As long as we stick by "Norah's Netiquette", things should be fine.
Jazzgirl, I did get the message you relayed to me and it was much appreciated, thank you!
I had a wee chuckle at your post on another thread about " waterfalls".
You can't beat a dander behind a waterfall!
29 of 30765  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th May 2015, 17:46
Welcome back Rusty.
Yes, a dander behind a waterfall is very beneficial, and you can always pause for inspiration behind a bullock's hide.
30 of 30765  -   Report This Post