CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wills

7th March 2010, 11:54
difficult problems solved with a clothes peg ? 25 acrosss and 8 letters. I was thinking stinkers but dont know why... Any help

ALso 18 down - think the answer is noon but cant fathom why - number working at one time (4) is the clue.

Many thanks for help
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

rl

7th March 2010, 11:57
18d - could it be ONCE - (onCe)
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

julia

7th March 2010, 13:14
I thought STINKERS as well and the only logic I could come up with is that tinkers sell clothes pegs. Pretty weak, I know.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

wills

7th March 2010, 13:30
Thank you rl, onCe makes perfect sense - my brain was stuck on something involving no. (number).

I was thinking about tinkers too for clothes pegs but I fear it's a stab in the dark, generated by the letters _T_N_E_S
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

wills

7th March 2010, 13:32
Thank you rl, onCe makes perfect sense (and more sense than whatever the answer is) - but I omitted to mention that the letters are N_O_.

I was thinking about tinkers too for clothes pegs but I fear it's a stab in the dark, generated by the letters _T_N_E_S, and hard to justify.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th March 2010, 13:35
Hi.

Without knowing all crossing letters, I'd agree with stinkers ... as one way to deal with something that smells bad could be to put a clothes peg on your nose!

JimC
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

wills

7th March 2010, 13:35
Got the 18A noon answer (although I still like rl's): it's NO. (number) + ON (working) = time.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

wills

7th March 2010, 13:37
Thank you JimC - as ever, it's blindingly obvious once you know the answer and stop thinking about tinkers, door-to-door brush and pegs salesmen and other such retail relics and start thinking like a Beano reader.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post