CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dizoz

7th March 2010, 12:08
hi AJT, my interpretation is - IF 2D prime solution is NEON (4) and 12A sub is EON then 12D sub solution is a word not beginning with N but if fronted with N would = the prime solution of another clue. I also think the "something to drive" solution contains a vowel. Does that help or make it worse (-: ? Note that 22A/22D and 24A/24D each start with the same letter.
10 of 28  -   Report This Post

ajt

7th March 2010, 12:17
Hi Dizoz - I haven't got anywhere with this. I do feel that whatever is entered, it would be a complete word. The "something to drive" - I've looked at lists of vehicles and there aren't many four-letter words that contain the "n" - tank is one.

And the "eon" - you still need a six-letter word, don't you? or am I confused? - But yes, that's for sure. Please continue to post if you find anything - and so shall I.
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th March 2010, 12:21
its a thin line between genius and insanity!
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

7th March 2010, 14:49
I have to say that this is one of those Genius puzzles where I start reading the instructions and lose the will to live, let alone attempt the crossword!
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th March 2010, 15:25
something to drive - maybe iron(golf club)?
Only just looked at this and I don't yet understand what to do.
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th March 2010, 15:39
Nice try Trevor, but irons aren't used to drive a golf ball; afaik, a club called 'a driver' is used.

How about 'oxen'? They can be driven too.

By the way, I don't have this crossword.

BW
JimC
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th March 2010, 15:47
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crossword/genius/

Sport was never my strong point.
If oxen was correct it would mean 7 answers begin with x (as I understand it)
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th March 2010, 15:55
Thank you for the link, Trevor.

From what you say, it sounds as though 'oxen' wouldn't be such a good idea.

But when I read the instructions, I interpret it to mean that 7 answers begin with the same letter - in the case of (e.g.) 'oxen', this would be an 'o'.

It is all a bit mind-boggling though.

JimC
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

jimc

7th March 2010, 16:02
Ah, you are right Trevor.

I didn't read the last sentence of the instructions: "The four letters that begin the solutions may be arranged to give something to drive.".

So, 7 answers would have to begin with an 'x' - as you said all along.

JimC
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

ixion

7th March 2010, 18:58
If anyone is still looking at this....

10A looks like "DOJO" which means(i think)another clue with answer beginning with D has reference to "OJO" (spring/oasis/rebirth) - unfortunately I can't really see such a link - any thoughts?

19 of 28  -   Report This Post