CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

germy

4th May 2015, 04:47
If you're looking for May's Guardian Genius, this link gets you to something usable, if you cut and paste it into a Word document, say, and fiddle about with it a bit!

http://www.theguardian.com/crosswords/2015/may/04/genius-crossword-no-143

Germy
1 of 71  -   Report This Post

ixion

4th May 2015, 06:30
Thanks germy...I see your link has 7D (correctly) as (3,3,10,3).
2 of 71  -   Report This Post

dizoz

4th May 2015, 07:07
hi germy, ixion --
got the print version OK but note that special rules are missing - all indicated solution letter counts are 1 more than actual. any ideas??
dizoz
3 of 71  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

4th May 2015, 08:18
i suppose we just have to pencil everything in as we go along , then see what letters need to be deleted for clues to fit in??

It is high time the Guardian website was sorted - this poor service has been going on for months!
4 of 71  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

4th May 2015, 08:23
& thanks to Germy for the link!
5 of 71  -   Report This Post

manu

4th May 2015, 11:23
What's wrong with 7d and its word count? I found the film, tried to omit one of the 3-letter words (it seemed to work with the few across solutions I've found so far) but it clashed with 11ac.
Links, word counts, layout... The Genius crossword is becoming so much more than just a crossword puzzle. It takes some computing skills (Internet, word processing software) and a great deal of patience to solve the Genius these days.
Sigh
6 of 71  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

4th May 2015, 11:29
Thanks Germy, finally got this only to discover the printer had run out of black ink. Did it in colour which meant no black squares so now have spent some time colouring them in. All this before I've even looked at a clue. Notion is fast going off me.
7 of 71  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

4th May 2015, 11:35
germy's link contains the puzzle's instructions:

Letters Latent – all clues are normal, with their letter counts indicating the length of their solutions; however, before entry in the grid, each solution must have a letter removed from it wherever it occurs. The deleted letters, in clue order, spell out two 12-letter words related to the theme of removal.
8 of 71  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

4th May 2015, 15:56
Nice one, almost worth the hassle of getting it in the first place.
9 of 71  -   Report This Post

manu

4th May 2015, 16:04
"(a letter removed) wherever it occurs"
Now I get it
10 of 71  -   Report This Post