CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

17th April 2015, 17:59
Hi fiery
I wonder why, if you were concerned that I wouldn't see the correct parsing, you didn't include it with your clue - that is permitted, after all.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

susan

17th April 2015, 18:56
Hiya Chrise, I have to say I chose from the ones I understood! This week there were quite a few clues I didn't get. I feel certain there were loads of clever clues, beyond me. Is it fitting to ask for explanations to all the ones I don't understand. I really enjoy composing cryptic clues and have good success with the Times Jumbo Cryptic. However, I'm wondering if it is inappropriate to enter Clueless or Peer Review until I am better able to interpret every entry. What is your view Chrise? I received some very kind messages yesterday and Heathcliff pointed out to me that we all have our own individual styles. I wonder if I'm alone in sometimes finding it tricky to understand all the clues. What do you reckon?
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th April 2015, 19:23
Why don't you add to the preamble "Please add the parsing for your entry in each case" - I think that it was FJ's mistake that he didn't!
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

susan

17th April 2015, 19:30
If it's okay to add that to the standard preamble, I think it's a great idea. Thanks Chrise.
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th April 2015, 19:36
Yes it's fine - each competition is entirely up to the setter. We generally copy and paste the preamble because it's easier that way, but feel free to add whatever you like.

MAKE IT OBVIOUS, THOUGH!
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th April 2015, 19:39
I think I have been using the wrong brackets for HTML - let's try this:

MAKE IT OBVIOUS, THOUGH!
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

santaslittlehelper

18th April 2015, 00:50
Hi Chrise, I've been accused by certain members of this forum of posting under several avatars. That's true,

I started posting as SLH & (as a bit of a laugh) RE. I have never been anyone else.

However, you only have to look at FJ and ginge to see many similarities in their clue compilations (gee Les didn't you see that or are you the same?)

I am so glad that you have stood up to the same sort of attack that made me nearly leave the forum a few years ago after I picked up Emrach's clue as a winner.

Sadly, the forum doesn't seem to have the same relaxed atmosphere that it had. Many of the old contributors have disappeared and the forum, in my opinion, has suffered.

I always drop in now and again to see what's occurring and have felt, on this occasion, the need to post my opinion.

I hope that you and your's are well.

Best wishes

Jim Stewart (That's my real name btw)
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

ginge

18th April 2015, 01:07
I can assure you (and anyone else who thinks similar) I am not fieryjack. We do know each other, meet for a pint and I recommended "the forum" to him I'll leave him to speak for himself.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th April 2015, 07:24
Thanks for that, SLH (Jim!)

I believe that FJ and ginge have been seen together in the same room.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th April 2015, 07:24
Thanks for that, SLH (Jim!)

I believe that FJ and ginge have been seen together in the same room.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post