CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

12th April 2015, 09:00
My browser (IE) has shut down twice in the past 15 mins because of "malicious add on detected" IE is shutting down to protect your computer. Anyone else getting this? If so I will report it to Admin
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

busby

12th April 2015, 09:13
Hi Chrise, nope.
An "add on" is not an ad on a website usually, rather an "extension"or "add on" within your own browser. In this case IE. Go into "settings"or"extensions" and see what extension have been installed.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

chrisg

12th April 2015, 09:35
Thanks busby - will check IE out.
PS It's chris G and not E !
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

busby

12th April 2015, 09:36
"Oops"...Chrisg.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

busby

12th April 2015, 09:38
My most humble apologies ;-).
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2015, 09:44
i understand that adverts are necessary, but what kind of advert has been passed as Ok when it is a photo of someone called Nice Ann (wearing almost nothing but a smile)
Nice_Ann, 21 keeps appearing at the top of the page and "wants to chat" to me. She says "hellooo' are you there" and "are you OK" quite a lot. Wonder what she is advertising and are admin. paying for this ?!! ;))
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

busby

12th April 2015, 09:58
No Jazzgirl, Admin are not paying for it, rather being paid for it. Most probably without any knowledge of the ad in question as they may sell space on their site to advertising companies.
I do not get any ads on any websites I visit but ones of those nature need reporting to Admin.
I'm sure it's not the type of ad they wish to be showing.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2015, 10:44
Thanks busby. I did mean to say "are they being paid for it" . (I had a very late night and I am not a night owl, so brain not quite switched on this morning) I will let Ash know on Monday.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

nikki

12th April 2015, 14:31
I am afraid I rarely use this site now because of my experience, and when I do I am very careful to not let the cursor stray over the ads. It cost me a lot of money about six weeks ago to get my computer 'disinfected' from bugged ads on the site. My computer kept freezing and the only solution to enable me to limp along was to turn everything off at the wall. The viruses had also corrupted my printer, so I had to buy a new one. As soon as I leave this site today I will run my cache cleaner.
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th April 2015, 15:22
The best solution for you Nikki is to install Adblock .
My computer has never crashed on this site and so far no nasty bugs and I have been on this forum for a good number of years now.
10 of 19  -   Report This Post