CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimbo

28th February 2010, 09:32
21A ..."live in a state, man," but not the right way (2 words)

I've got ??A?R

Any ideas ??
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

chrisg

28th February 2010, 09:37
On air ?...as in Live
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

jimbo

28th February 2010, 09:42
Yes, I think you're right, but I can't see how this compiler can explain how !!
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

brood

28th February 2010, 12:37
the sunday express compiler has a strange mind .. cant for the life of me understand them ..am i alone?
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

terry

28th February 2010, 12:48
Brood,
I've given up doing this crossword. So many of the clues seem to have no rational explanation. Too often you know that your answer must be right but either you have no idea why or it is so tenuous that it is a joke. I think what annoyed me the most was the over-use of common christian names for no particular reason other than to make life easier for the compiler.
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

b rood

28th February 2010, 12:55
thanks terry .. i regard myself as a fairly competent crossword solver .. been doing daily express for years and just recently came back to sunday express .. the skeleton is totally incomprehensible .. even checking back on previous weeks clues and compilers answers it still gets my goat .. the Crusader and his Squire can be odd .. the cryptic clues just dont match with quickies .. soooooooo frustrating
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

biker

28th February 2010, 14:22
sunday express skeleton
21ac on air (ian reversed, inside or, but not)
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

terry

28th February 2010, 14:35
I rest my case.
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

biker

28th February 2010, 14:41
i agree with you terry, although i eventually manage to complete it each, many of the answers are difficult to justify.
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

terry

28th February 2010, 14:48
Biker,
I follow the man/ian bit. But.
Couldn't the in a state bit mean "nai" in OR. Or being the abbreviation of Oregon.
You see what I mean though about chucking in any old name to make a clue add up.
10 of 30  -   Report This Post