CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

farr

29th March 2015, 21:38
In each of the Guardian AZED, Everyman & Prize crosswords, the instructions read 'You can save your answers by clicking on SAVE (a cookie will be stored on your desktop). Your answers will reappear the next time you access the crossword'. On my computer this is exactly what happens with AZED but it does not happen with the others. Can anyone help me correct this? Thanks
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

mattrom

29th March 2015, 22:19
I found I had to select the Guardian cookies to be kept, when I deleted the others periodically. Is your computer set to delete cookies when you log off?

I think AZED uses a particular plug-in, so it may store the answers in a different way.
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

farr

29th March 2015, 22:33
Thanks mattrom. My step son tells me that my computer is probably set to delete cookies when I log off but there may be a way of telling it not to delete certain specified cookies. He's not into crosswords but knows a lot more than I do about computers so he might be able to help. I am completely computer ignorant!
3 of 3  -   Report This Post