CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

21st March 2015, 16:28
Finished, but the very last step evades me: can anyone HINT where to find the 12 contiguous cells for the "apt synonym"? Can't give any more away I'm afraid!
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

puzzled272

21st March 2015, 17:49
Think you're looking for 12 letters (5-2-5) a syn. for the 12 letters connected; 5 letters (repeated) for the things joined.
Think it starts 4 in from left and 1 down. Bit cryptic but hope it helps.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st March 2015, 18:41
Thank you! I see exactly what you mean, but (forgive me) it seems a bit weak, doesn't it?! There's also very nearly a pun on the original 12-letter word defining each part separately that begins with the P in the top line and works back diagonally for 4 cells, then a right-angle turn, ahead then one cell up, but I admit that seems even more preposterous! do you think the outline thus sketched is supposed to illustrate something relevant, not just spell out words? I'm not happy at all, and the longer you look, with a little fantasy you can see all sorts of things! I'm probably expecting too much..................
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

nelson

21st March 2015, 19:45
I have the 12cells as a zigzag starting with P in second row and ending with T in fifth row.
I wonder if this synonym is 'apt' because that's what we go in following the third instruction?
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st March 2015, 20:00
You're no doubt right, Nelson --- I'm just a little disappointed!
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

nelson

21st March 2015, 21:01
GK, I think I know what you mean. However, at the very beginning I almost gave up because I just couldn't find a way in. So I was pleased to make it to the finish after a very poor start.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

jackdaw

22nd March 2015, 10:57
Nelson. Could the 12 letters that you have mentioned represent a fence? Not sure about the suitably placed bit though.
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

nelson

22nd March 2015, 12:15
Jackdaw, I think so but can't quite see it. Nor can I see why its 'suitably placed'.
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

shikasta

22nd March 2015, 15:03
Isn't the synonym 'apt' because of where it starts & finishes in relation to the picture achieved from following the 3rd instruction? - it does what it says.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

shikasta

22nd March 2015, 15:04
Isn't the synonym 'apt' because of where it starts & finishes in relation to the picture achieved from following the 3rd instruction? - it does what it says.
10 of 28  -   Report This Post