CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

21st March 2015, 07:42
I apologise that I apparently did not give your excellent clues the attention they deserved when choosing between five with equal votes last evening. It was a difficult choice and I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge that
xR
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2015, 08:46
Good morning, rosalind. Bless you, I didn't even give it a thought - anyway I voted for gk/8 so you confirmed my opinion. I was pleased to have received some votes in a very good competition.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st March 2015, 14:17
I'll never forgive you.

Really, I hadn't noticed either. Apparently rambler and I are the insensitive ones.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2015, 14:24
Chrise said I was hyper-sensitive so there! BTW booked flights to Catania for next month - going to Syracuse this time.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st March 2015, 14:46
Oh! One of my favorite places on earth. I'm so jealous. If you're as sensitive as you claim you are you'll be teary-eyed in the Duomo. The next time we go to Sicily I want to just stay in Syracuse with perhaps a little side trip to Noto.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2015, 14:51
I remember a conversation we had a long time ago when you said how you loved Syracuse - we had just been to Taormina.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st March 2015, 15:03
Taormina is breathtaking of course but there's something so profoundly moving about Syracuse, no doubt having to do with its heartbreaking history. By the way, you'd perhaps enjoy Lawrence Durrell's Sicilian Carousel. Well, you've probably read it. Did we have this conversation already? Are you staying on Ortygia?
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2015, 15:13
No, being a bit of an insensitive Philistine I haven't read the book but I've just reserved it from Lincolnshire Libraries, thanks. We did talk about Sicily a while ago but I know you have a very busy life and can't be expected to remember everything. We haven't booked accommodation yet but we shall definitely take an apartment in Ortygia
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st March 2015, 15:28
I remember our conversation but not whether Durrell's book came up in the course of it. If you really want to get in the mood you might try Mary Renault's The Mask of Apollo, Tom Holt's The Walled Orchard, and Peter Vansittart's A Choice of Murder. The latter two are superb.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st March 2015, 15:32
Thanks - I've made notes.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post