CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mh

24th February 2010, 00:26
Could this be PATH, a reference to the Golden Path in Frank Herbert's "Dune"?
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th February 2010, 00:40
Josephine Herbst wrote `Pity is not enough` ??
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

mh

24th February 2010, 00:51
Exactly! Her name is Herbst NOT Herbert
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

mh

24th February 2010, 23:48
Hi Mamya-no comment?
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

25th February 2010, 00:24
Well didn`t think you needed extra comment just recalled the title, somewhere in memory banks. Did not know if it was the answer you required.

M♥
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

25th February 2010, 09:42
In good faith mamya scrobe:

Josephine Herbst wrote `Pity is not enough` ??

and in response MH scrobe:

Exactly! Her name is Herbst NOT Herbert

later followed by:

Hi Mamya-no comment?

Do I detect an attitude problem here? Ah no, The Times Literary Supplement, so it's OK to be rude.

This question was discussed at some length in another thread, where the same answers were provided. If you weren't happy with those answers, why did you not continue with that discussion instead of opening a new one? That way we wouldn't have needed the aggression would we.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

25th February 2010, 10:16
@MH: It looked to me as if Mamya was providing a piece of information for you to use or ignore as you chose. The two question marks clearly indicate that she wasn't confident of the relevance, so I'm curious to know what 'Exactly!' was supposed to mean. I'd also be interested to hear your logic for suggesting Frank Herbert's Golden Path...
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

25th February 2010, 10:28
Does MH stand for misogynist hassole.
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

25th February 2010, 14:53
HM, MH seems to gone back down his hole!
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

mh

25th February 2010, 22:38
I apologise unreservedly to Mamya for my completely unintended rudeness and aggression, and to upsetting others in the Forum-please forgive me.
Bullfrog, I'm not at all sure about the Golden Path in Frank Herbert's (and his son's) Dune series. The Golden Path was created to save humanity, but I think (only from reading Wikipedia)there is a hint that this may not be sufficient after all.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post