CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mh

25th February 2010, 22:38
I apologise unreservedly to Mamya for my completely unintended rudeness and aggression, and to upsetting others in the Forum-please forgive me.
Bullfrog, I'm not at all sure about the Golden Path in Frank Herbert's (and his son's) Dune series. The Golden Path was created to save humanity, but I think (only from reading Wikipedia)there is a hint that this may not be sufficient after all.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post

jim

26th February 2010, 11:32
Rudeness? Aggression? Only from two sources that I can see - one whose pomposity needs pricked - 'scrobe', I ask you - and the other who seems to think that it's ok to use vaguely disguised obscenity as an insult. But don't hold your breath waiting for an apology MH,or,it seems, an answer to your perfectly reasonable question.
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

26th February 2010, 11:46
Pomposity duly pricked and I stand deflated!

Apologies to MH should I have caused offence.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

26th February 2010, 13:10
No apologies required at my end, I had obviously retained the info from the earlier thread. I through it in for your perusal. TLS is well out of my league but love to help if possible, so was worth a stab.
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

26th February 2010, 19:53
Jim,
How you can fail to see any rudeness/aggression in MH's remarks to Mamya amazes me. Particularly when MH himself acknowledges his error with a fulsome apology-for which he should be commended.

Having said that, if MH feels that my "vaguely disguised obscenity" overstepped the mark then I apologise to him.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

mamya

26th February 2010, 21:03
Meant to say "threw it in for your perusal"

Are we all friends again?
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

mh

26th February 2010, 21:48
Hope so
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

jim

26th February 2010, 23:32
Unreservedly
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

27th February 2010, 12:29
@MH - To be honest (and it's a long time since I read the Dune books) 'path' sounds a bit of a stretch, and I would have expected some reference to 'Golden' in the clue. Beyond that, I've got no idea!
18 of 18  -   Report This Post