CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

3rd March 2015, 12:25
Good afternoon friends. Hope the week went well. Sorry for being a wee bit late but I found I'd forgotten to prepare this week's clues and had to 'make a dash' at them. Hope they'll be OK. Happy solving. J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT) to allow others to have a go.

1. Man’s environment? (3,5,3)

2. Arrived, fixed the price outside, then performed with the leading lady (2-7)

3. Precarious move associated with travel (5,3,2)

4. Plain ring comes first and not under the bonds of matrimony (9)

5. Dance to a pastoral song (3)
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

andyc

3rd March 2015, 12:32
Hi Jolan (love #1) Will have a go at the rest now.
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd March 2015, 12:43
HI Andy. Ta about #1. I can see some of it from here :-)
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

rossim

3rd March 2015, 12:46
Hi Jolan, I hope you are well.
I like #1 too.
Going out in the sunshine now but will be back later.
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd March 2015, 12:52
Hello Rossim
Yep! I'm going out also. Looks lovely today. CU ltr
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

3rd March 2015, 12:57
Hi jolan
Just back in (with very muddy dog!). I'll have a look after lunch.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

ginge

3rd March 2015, 13:35
Good afternoon jolan, I trust you're well. Only got #s 1 & 5 on reading, the latter ringing a bell from a relatively recent "Listener" otherwise? Lovely so far and I'm certain the others won't disappoint, cheers!
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd March 2015, 13:41
Hello, Jolan. I see all of them but #4, which gives me something to dwell on while running errands.

February was the coldest here since records have been kept. The average high for the month is 42F; this year it was 19! And it seems that almost every night was below 0. Six inches of snow yesterday, snow tonight, snow Thursday...

Usual site problems. Hope to be able to get on again later.
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd March 2015, 13:48
hi jolan
I was unable to check in last week, but having seen the answers I doubt if I would have solved any of them.
Life is very busy here and I am not on the crossword forum as much as I used to be.
On first reading I have #1 and #2. Off to mow another lawn and to enjoy the sunshine......
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd March 2015, 14:07
Hi Chris, Ginge (I've never seen the Listener - is it a newspaper?), Ari (gosh! Will it never end?} and Jazzy (feel sure Ari would love to be mowing a lawn - or even see one!!). I'm heading out for an hour now. See you later.
10 of 28  -   Report This Post