CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quixote

2nd March 2015, 11:17
Done and ready for the post, without recourse to lookups or cheats as usual - I really do recommend it.
Of course, it helped to have once been interviewed by Joyce Grenfell, and to have excaped a bull by jumping over his horns, and to have actually put mothballs in the pockets of my suit, for the general knowledge items - the Reginald D Hunter prowl round the South, and James Brown retrospective on BBC 2 (?) Friday (Saturday?) were serendipitous too.

Mamya, jazzgirl -
the Listener X-word (4335) looks do-able this week, and I have no compunction whatever about cheating and looking up for THAT - it's impossible to do it without - for me, anyway; if you've tamed the Jumbo (as I'm sure you both did by Saturday evening) would you care to join me in an open collaborative solve? If 'Yes' from one or both i'll open a new thread for it and lay my cards on the table (anyone else is welcome to join in, of course - Rusty?).
If not, I'll have a go at it on my own
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd March 2015, 11:33
You will easily manage it on your own quixote - it's easier than this jumbo
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd March 2015, 12:22
hi Hotie
I would love to have a go at the Listener and join you and others in a discussion . However, last weekend I was away from home enjoying the Dorset sea air and took a week off from the Jumbo. No newsagents near to where I was staying. If anyone can post a blank grid of the Listener that would be good....
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

quixote

2nd March 2015, 13:15
Oh dear - sudokulover is right - the Listener IS easier than the Jumbo C - just this once; I got 14 really very easy answers in the same number of minutes - and because I happen by chance to have made the doorhandles to the ballroom of this Old Swan many years ago, I knew the identity of the man(?!)hunt quarry and hence the film title. Do you want to skip this one and wait for one of the proper hard ones?
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd March 2015, 13:22
The Listener is not one I do - being partially sighted those grids are difficult for me, but well done on completion.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

rusty

6th March 2015, 21:54
Well done, again, Don Qui !
You are doing very well indeed!
I would be no help to you with the Listener.
I have looked at several, and didn't even understand the instructions never mind solve a clue!
But, good luck with it anyway!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post