CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mop

25th February 2015, 17:07
The clues are in RT10 4D. I have the answer and can work out the clues for second word but cannot see the link between the clue "seen giving girl" and the actual name. The first word is a name anyway but how does the clue lead to that name?

Thanks for help

mop
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th February 2015, 17:09
The second word is a measure of sheets of paper around an abbreviation for 1000.

You could have added your question to the existing RT thread - it's neater!
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th February 2015, 17:10
Sorry - answered the wrong part. The first word is (obviously) a girl's name, and the "Sharon" reference is to a well-known TV programme.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

mop

25th February 2015, 23:29
I have obviously expressed my puzzlement badly. I can see how to work out the second name from the clues the compiler has supplied. It is how to work out the first name from the clue" seen giving girl" that I am having a problem with.

If in essence the clue is simply any one of hundreds of girls' names then is the only point of using "seen giving" before girl to act as a "red herring" in an attempt to confuse the solver?

mop
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th February 2015, 09:17
I took "seen" to mean "as seen or played (on TV or screen) as Pauline Q plays the part of Sharon in "Birds of a feather"
"giving" as the indicator to the rest of the parsing.
girl = pauline. etc

5 of 6  -   Report This Post

mop

26th February 2015, 13:06
Thanks, jazzgirl. I should have spotted the word "seen" to indicate on TV or screen so Sharon seen on TV/screen was likely to be the name on the TV programme.

mop
6 of 6  -   Report This Post