CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

forester

22nd February 2015, 12:40
Finished this one in just about three hours. ALL my own work.

My brain is overworked to the point of fatigue as a result of having to decide which look-up offered the best fit solution and my fingers are worked to the bone as evidenced by the rivulets of blood coursing their way between the keys of my computer keyboard.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd February 2015, 12:47
Well done, Forester!
Keeps you out of mischief, too!
I gave up on the Jumbo a couple of years ago as it became too much of a slog. I had been doing it for about twenty years too!
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2015, 12:59
I finished the last two inter-connecting clues this morning at breakfast, after puzzling over them for too long. Well done forester if you needed no help with anagram solvers and the like. I did have to do so. Either the Jumbos are getting easier, or I am getting better at solving. I like to think it is the latter, but.....!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd February 2015, 13:04
I thought, several years ago, that they had became easier. I seem to remember a lot of Shakespeare and opera, and Greek and Latin poet related questions.
I find Anne Bradfords Crossword Dictionary a great help...and if it's good enough for Colin Dexter...!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2015, 13:10
One Shakespeare and one poet this week...
Good surface reading and very few anagrams. I found it enjoyable. The last "stinker" jumbo was so long ago. We are due another one soon I guess
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

forester

22nd February 2015, 13:11
I assure you that my tongue was firmly in my cheek for the entire post.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd February 2015, 13:11
mmmmmm ;)
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd February 2015, 13:37
Jazzgirl, the first and second Times Cryptic Jumbo Crossword books are all stinkers.
I am sure I read that a new crossword editor came in and informed the setters that The Times had readers from all walks of life (like Dire Straits!) and not just classically educated folk, and to modernise the crosswords.
Much better, I think.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post