CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

20th January 2015, 20:34
I didn't want to clog up the Clueless thread, but it's good to hear from you again - how are things?
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

emrach

20th January 2015, 20:44
Thank you for asking ChrisE Yes we are all well but very cold and wintry and my car is stuck as the gritters don't come into the side streets How are you and the family. And yes of course I had to do an anagram for my clue!!!!!
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th January 2015, 20:50
We are well - Alison and I are starting our (complicated*) trip to Costa Rica on Friday - I think it might be warmer there!

I hope you can manage without your car on the road. We could buy things in our (little) town, but it would be a pain!

*train to Heathrow, overnight stay, early start to fly to Houston, then (eventually) Costa Rica.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

emrach

20th January 2015, 20:55
That sounds wonderful- although complicated - well worth it - have a wonderful time i am jealous Take Care
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th January 2015, 20:58
Thanks - I'll try not to get bitten!
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

emrach

20th January 2015, 21:08
Always a good plan
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

rosalind

21st January 2015, 08:41
Don't know about the ferns, Chris, but Costa Rica has fantastic wildlife, especially birds. Seeing fire coming out of a volcano was good, too. Watch out for the poison-dart frogs! I was very polite to them.
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st January 2015, 08:50
I'll remember that, Rosalind.

My wife has been on a fern trip there before - it's fantastic, apparently.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

janebb

21st January 2015, 14:35
chrise You are going to CR at an ideal time. It was strange to be on the beach on Christmas Day. I've been a few times and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I have friends who have retired and live there, a place called Puntarenas. Worth checking out if you get a chance. I've been via Miami and then a small plane to San Jose. There are also flight deals to be had from Madrid if you want to go again as I feel sure you will!
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st January 2015, 14:42
Thanks for that, janebb.

We are on an organised bird-watching trip (12 of us, apparently), so not much flexibility.

I'll let you kind people know how it was when we get back.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post