CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

22nd December 2014, 10:55
Hi all, apart from the usual Saturday Times Jumbo, does anyone know if there will be any other Times Jumbos over the holidays?
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd December 2014, 11:20
I dont know for certain, Susan, but The Times often have Bank Holiday Jumbos.
I dont know if any other newspapers will have one.
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

susan

22nd December 2014, 13:18
Thanks Rusty. I often realise there has been a holiday Jumbo the day after!
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd December 2014, 18:01
Hi, Susan!
I read somewhere that, on Christmas Day, the Times is doing a Quick crossword, the normal 15 x 15, and a Jumbo. Unfortunately it didn't specify what type of Jumbo ; GK or Cryptic or both?
Hope this is of some help.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

susan

22nd December 2014, 19:50
Hi Elle, thanks ever so much for that. I do hope it's a Jumbo Cryptic, don't you? Or maybe you'll be too run off your feet to even open the paper. Hope you have fun whatever you're doing! - and greetings to everyone on the forum too!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd December 2014, 20:10
Thank you, Susan! You, too!
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

susan

23rd December 2014, 10:23
Hi Elle and Rusty, I just spoke to our man at the Post Office and he reckons the Jumbo will probably be in the Christmas Eve Times, not Christmas Day. Apparently no-one publishes on Christmas Day - who could blame them? He also said there would probably be another on New Years Eve. So, guess where I'll be going on Christmas Eve! I hope he's right! Hope you and yours are having fun!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

23rd December 2014, 13:34
Thanks for that, Susan!
Yes, having a great time! One daughter and two grandsons have arrived already! Just about to play a board game!!!!
Have a good time yourself! Merry Christmas!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

stevie gee

24th December 2014, 10:05
There is a MYOPS Jumbo in the Herald (Glasgow)
this morning.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

24th December 2014, 10:16
According to @timescrosswords Jumbo crosswords will be printed Boxing Day, Sat 27 Dec, New Year's Day and Sat 3 Jan. Christmas Day, online only. Type of Jumbo not specified.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post