CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

16th February 2010, 17:20
Well it decided to rain after lunch so I made bread instead of gardening. Two wholemeal loaves and a Foccacia. Yummy!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1185528/Bread1.jpg" /> http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1185528/Bread2.jpg" />
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

16th February 2010, 17:53
Wow well done john and so much more satisfying than weeding.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

philip

16th February 2010, 18:33
John
My wife is very impressed. As for me, I guess I will be in the kitchen tomorrow.
PHILIP
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

17th February 2010, 20:37
A Domestic God as well, John! I completed this puzzle fairly quickly but I have a doubt in my mind over the answer to 20d. Are we talking about a means of starting a car in, say, the 1950s?
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th February 2010, 22:39
Yes, that will do nicely. It was an easy one this week, but I thought two clues were rather poor:

1D Weight put away in vehicle (5)

I get the horse-drawn vehicle, but how does "put away" resolve to a single letter?

5D Primary supernatural being (9)

Here I can see the first definition but don't see the connection to the second.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

17th February 2010, 23:06
Thanks, John. I took 'a' to mean 'away' in the sense that 'h' means 'home' usually in the context of sports fixtures. According to Chambers, the other word [and I've no doubt that we have the same answer] can also mean, as a noun, a 'nature spirit' or a 'disembodied spirit'...
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

tel.

18th February 2010, 12:08
I've just done no. 8. I have a quick look through the clues and fill in the obvious ones before dinner and after I've eaten I sit down and try the rest. It took me about a quater of an hour all told this week.I always have trouble with the telvision based clues as I watch so little, I also have a poor retention of names and titles.
Tel.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post

godot was here

18th February 2010, 13:25
Tel: I'm off soon on holiday (yes, thanks - somewhere nice and WARM) and I've ordered the RT crossword collection. At your rate of solving I should have finished the book before leaving Heathrow!
11 of 12  -   Report This Post

tel

18th February 2010, 18:45
May I recomend the Observer crossword selection if you want something that takes a little longer.
Tel.
12 of 12  -   Report This Post