CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

16th February 2010, 12:20
Just to let you all know that it didn't arrive in the Coop this morning, so I probably won't get one until tomorrow. I suppose I'll have to go and do some weeding this afternoon instead.
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

robtherich

16th February 2010, 12:45
Finished over lunch. Didn't think much of 1d, but the rest's pretty straightforward.

Bit cold on the fingers for weeding? Allotment's still so soggy I can't start any digging - and the potatoes are chitting...
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

philip

16th February 2010, 13:38
Hi guys
Took me slightly longer today for some reason. Perhaps its me, as most of the clues were straightforward but nothing outstanding.
Sorry the coop has not "delivered" John. Never mind, think of the divi when they do
PHILIP
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

16th February 2010, 17:20
Well it decided to rain after lunch so I made bread instead of gardening. Two wholemeal loaves and a Foccacia. Yummy!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1185528/Bread1.jpg" /> http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1185528/Bread2.jpg" />
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

mamya

16th February 2010, 17:53
Wow well done john and so much more satisfying than weeding.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

philip

16th February 2010, 18:33
John
My wife is very impressed. As for me, I guess I will be in the kitchen tomorrow.
PHILIP
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

17th February 2010, 20:37
A Domestic God as well, John! I completed this puzzle fairly quickly but I have a doubt in my mind over the answer to 20d. Are we talking about a means of starting a car in, say, the 1950s?
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th February 2010, 22:39
Yes, that will do nicely. It was an easy one this week, but I thought two clues were rather poor:

1D Weight put away in vehicle (5)

I get the horse-drawn vehicle, but how does "put away" resolve to a single letter?

5D Primary supernatural being (9)

Here I can see the first definition but don't see the connection to the second.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

17th February 2010, 23:06
Thanks, John. I took 'a' to mean 'away' in the sense that 'h' means 'home' usually in the context of sports fixtures. According to Chambers, the other word [and I've no doubt that we have the same answer] can also mean, as a noun, a 'nature spirit' or a 'disembodied spirit'...
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

tel.

18th February 2010, 12:08
I've just done no. 8. I have a quick look through the clues and fill in the obvious ones before dinner and after I've eaten I sit down and try the rest. It took me about a quater of an hour all told this week.I always have trouble with the telvision based clues as I watch so little, I also have a poor retention of names and titles.
Tel.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post