CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cleopatra

15th February 2010, 13:52
This forum is getting busier by the day. The "other" site is getting fewer posts (except for the dense crossword solvers who all ask the same question over and over again)

Do you think there is a migration going on from "there" to "here" - and will this site eventually go the same way?
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

terry

15th February 2010, 17:34
No,I don't think there is a migration going on. This site has a decent number of postings late afternoon weekdays,but is often quiet later. The sheer volume of questions asked on the other site all day,every day (including weekends)is far greater.
We can't claim a better quality of poster either. There is still an amazing number of people who can't be bothered to give clues or number of letters. Wrong clues,wrong number of letters are also common. About half of posters never say thankyou.
We also get, what for want of a better word, I'll call malicious posters. The sort who are too gutless to say something possibly controversal in their usual name so use an alias. Like my idiot namesake who regularly revives the "posting hints for this forum" thread.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

15th February 2010, 17:57
Terry, I agree with you entirely about those who never post a thank you comment or bother to acknowledge the efforts of other solvers in putting them on the right track.
Not so bad for me as I only chip in an answer now and again but for those of you continually supply answers and the logic behind them, it must be sickening. After all, manners maketh man (and woman). Oh! for days of yore when manners counted - or am I just old and viewing bygone days through rose tinted spectacles?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

silly boy

15th February 2010, 18:26
You're not bad for a Swansea Jack Colin. ;o)
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

15th February 2010, 18:35
Praise indeed from a bluebird silly boy!! Diolch.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Migration