CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

9th December 2014, 12:29
Good afternoon friends! This will be my last "5" until the New Year. I need to 'recharge the old batteries' as I'm inclined to run out of ideas occasionally. A wee bit of wassailing should act as an electrolyte and I hope to be back then. Meanwhile, thanks to our regulars for taking part. Keeps my brain active. I wish all of you a very Happy and Healthy Christmas and a prosperous New Year. J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT) to allow others to have a go.

1. Codification change to let a cur follow women exclusively? (12)

2. Kangaroo he put straight into Maori infant class (7,3)

3. Personal wounds rarely acquired by drivers (5,2,3)

4. Artificial part of the expert’s composition (10)

5. Nothing left in safe? (3,5)
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

les40

9th December 2014, 12:33
Hi Jolan,

Just finishing my dinner break at work so will try and look in later. I see 3 & 5 straight away but will ponder the others. All the best for the festive time
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

les40

9th December 2014, 12:34
Just seen Number 4 too.

See ya later
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

ginge

9th December 2014, 12:53
Good afternoon jolan, wassail away and enjoy but very pleased to hear you "doing your Arnie", roll on 2015. In the meantime, Les is 1 up on me, I've only got #s 4 & 5 so far though I've plenty of time to ponder this afternoon while I'm stripping wallpaper (thankfully only need 1 hand most of the tim and it's thirsty work so no prizes for guessing what's in the other!).
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th December 2014, 13:44
Hi Les and Ginge. Nice to hear from you both. And, ginge, we'll be examining the strips for 'parallelity' especially as time moves on :)
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th December 2014, 13:49
Good afternoon jolan
Late checking in again. I cannot see any on first reading, but will have a good think with my late lunch.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th December 2014, 14:03
Hello, Jolan. Just popping in to say hello. Haven't been on the site lately (have given up on Clueless, etc.), but would like to wish you an electrolytic Christmas. Best wishes to Helen too.
I see all but 1. Probably won't be able to get back on at 5:00, but will dwell on the clue while driving on the icy roads.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th December 2014, 14:20
#4 and #5 so far
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th December 2014, 14:37
and #2 but cannot quite parse it, so probably wrong
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th December 2014, 14:49
Thank you Ari. Be careful out there!
And, well done Jazzy - you've sussed me out. I think :-))
10 of 22  -   Report This Post