CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

1st December 2014, 18:48
More by luck than by any cruciverbal skills I have a complete grid and know the nature of the contest. However the letters in column 8 are a jumble and, despite working forwards and backwards along each row, column and diagonal I am still nowhere near identifying which side won despite the idicator in the rubric. Any pointers would be most welcome.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

farr

1st December 2014, 19:20
Can't help but am interested in your problem. What and where is EV1151?
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

1st December 2014, 19:40
E.V. is the Enigmatic Variations crossword in the Sunday Telegraph. It is not as consistently difficult as The Listener but is, nonetheless, quite challenging most weeks.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

1st December 2014, 21:24
Always puzzled

What "side" won the contest?

Four letters near the bottom of the grid by the row letters
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

2nd December 2014, 18:25
Thanks for that djawhufc ( incidently your team beat mine last Saturday ). Do you mean the first four letters in row G or am I being as stupid as usual? ( I will not be offended if you answer Yes to the latter part of that. )
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd December 2014, 20:21
Hi

We are both doing ok now in the league.

It is in colum 1 reading down from row e. Directly opposite on the far side of the grid is the other team.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

3rd December 2014, 13:38
Thanks djawhufc. As always I can't see for looking. A good win for your team last night. It also looks as if Big Sam has tweaked his tactics this season.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1151