CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

11th February 2010, 11:51
The Guardian have redesigned their online crossword site. Do you think they might have made it better, easier to use, more elegant? Have they *?%@.

A giant leap backwards in which they've lost the option to print off a PDF, instead delivering a pale grey grid in which you can't see the lines, and a tiny font for the clues.

Needless to say, the changes haven't been well-received...
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

aljanon

11th February 2010, 12:07
During the day the only internet access I have is by phone. The old site didn't work on my phone, the new one does. Woohoo! However from time to time I print that day's off before I leave the house, so won't be pleased if they've sha**ed the printing up.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th February 2010, 12:14
Someone's just fronted up and added a link to a PDF version of today's cryptic (just after I'd PrintScreened and pasted it to a Word doc!)
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

11th February 2010, 13:12
If you don't have it already get yourself a copy of http://www.irfanview.com/">Irfanview. Then you can press PRTSC, paste the clipboard directly into it, crop and print without going near Mickeyso$t Orifice.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th February 2010, 15:11
Yep -- that works too. I like Irfanview, it's a really handy little programme. The current Mrs Bullfrog introduced me to it when we met about 10 years ago -- it took a while to work out as she was convinced that it was called Infraview.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post