CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

20th October 2014, 13:54
Welcome to CLUE CHAIN

The idea is to start with a cryptic clue - set by me this week.

The first correct solver, judged by the setter, is then invited to offer their clue and so on.

Each time you solve you are OUT of the game until a clue is declared OPEN.

If you declare your own clue OPEN you put yourself back in the game.

15 minute limit per clue before it must be declared OPEN.

If an OPEN clue is not solved quickly please give hints until someone can solve.

If you would like to start CLUE CHAIN please volunteer next Monday.

This week’s opening clue is:
Musical headcovering? (4)
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 14:19
Here and thinking x
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 14:20
Hair ?

3 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th October 2014, 14:21
Well done bobs mum.

I have to go and do some cooking, so I'll only be popping in from time to time. Hope someone else turns up.
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 14:24
Stole this one

Invite to come over stream to get on (6)

Weather not bad at the mo but have battened down the hatches for tonight and the morning
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 14:58
Is anyone there?????

OPEN
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

20th October 2014, 16:41
Not going well today, is it, bobs mum? How disappointing - I thought that we had attracted some new contributors last week.

Anyway, back to the cooking.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 16:48
Ho hum --- we can only try ---- I have got to start a meal now as well ----- nil disperandum etc
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

elle

20th October 2014, 17:41
Hi Chris and bobsmum!
Sorry....... I was surprised just now to see that you were doing Clue Chain...I thought it was just for "rainy" days?
It's been a glorious day here -blue skies, sunny and warm - and we 've been out all afternoon with the dog!
It sounds as though it's not been like that for you tho', bobsmum, battening down the hatches?! Are you having/ expecting a storm?
I would have joined in - I enjoyed it last week - but didn't think you would be playing today!
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

20th October 2014, 18:06
Hi elle,

Clue chain was very popular about 3 years ago every Monday, (10 regulars) but sadly has been on the decline for quite a while. We recognised that it seems to be 'wet, cold Monday afternoons only'. For this reason chrise and I have tried to get it going again at this time of the year through to March for instance.

We will keep trying and understand that days like today can be very hit and miss ( more miss today!)

We are expecting the tail end of the hurricane that hit Bermuda (Gonzalas) do not know what's going to happen - or, if anything- just taking precautions.

Let's try again next week with clue chain X
10 of 14  -   Report This Post