CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » fish

jude

13th October 2014, 11:32
Still struggling name the fish from the clues, no amount of letters given
41 rearrange effios
34 put r in money, owed for goods supplied
36 royal blood, Newcastle football team play in colours
101 anagram doyenne du Comice & William Bon cherries- I think they are both pears.
Any help would be much appreciated
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

13th October 2014, 12:58
Hi Jude, not sure if I'm thinking along the correct lines - anagrams of pears

101 There's a spearfish (marlin)
and a parse (mullet)

See Goldspot Mullet Common names here:
http://en.bdfish.org/tag/fish/

Been trying to find a Spanish dwarf carp for one of your others but without success :(
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

jude

13th October 2014, 13:23
Thank you Scorpiojo will look further. Sorry cannot help you as I have been looking for a dwarf carp also. Thought this was going to be easy but it's not, unless there are mistakes in questions I cannot even find spanish duck ha ha must be thick.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

jude

13th October 2014, 13:25
Sorry Scorpiojo realized I had put the wrong spelling down myself it is Williams Bon chertain
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

13th October 2014, 17:40
Spanish duck - Rudd(y)
See 4th para here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/ptop/plain/A663004

5 of 9  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

13th October 2014, 17:41
Just wondering if the names of the pears are meant to be anagrammed or just the word pears?
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

jude

13th October 2014, 18:12
Got you working too hard. I agree it could be anagram of the whole lot etc etc but to no avail. Yes thanks the ruddy duck was the one we could think of ( certainly got right name) Thank you again for spending so much time on this. Will try a little harder.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

14th October 2014, 23:52
34 If there was no comma, put r in money owed for goods supplied could be B r ill
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

jude

15th October 2014, 14:51
Thank you Scorpiojo never know with setter if it is a typographical error maybe there is no comma. Thanks will use your answer anyway. Getting a little fed up with trying and not getting anywhere. Moan moan good job it's for charity
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » fish