CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosecart

7th February 2010, 01:58
Can anyone please help with either of the following clues:
20a Back street in Bordeaux next to river has space for small coach (10) ?E???I???R
5d Film about staff - mature people - showing organisational incompetence (13) ????t?a???e?t

I'm guessing the 5d clue ends in 'ment'. I'm not sure about the 5th letter being a 't'

Thanks in hope
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th February 2010, 02:33
mismanagement ?
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th February 2010, 02:42
Film - Mist
about - (written around) staff/manage-mature people/men.
Mismanagement
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosecart

7th February 2010, 04:50
Thanks very much, Trevor, that might help me with some of the others I can't solve.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosecart

7th February 2010, 09:01
4a is - Apes driven back in group are almost frightened - ?m???h?? - 8 letters but not sure about the 'h'
20a above now looks like ?e?e?i?n?r
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

peters

7th February 2010, 09:44
Could 20A be 'repetiteur'?
First r for river; petite is small;rue is French for street but backwards round petite.
In opera, répétiteur is the name given to the person responsible for coaching singers and playing the piano for music and production rehearsals. This requires a specific talent for sight-reading, instant arranging of the vocal score and ability to follow a conductor.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

7th February 2010, 11:23
Apes driven back in group are almost frightened.
I think is Imitates(Apes)
backwards (driven back)group = set,almost frightened = timi(d)
Can't explain the "a".
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosecart

7th February 2010, 21:32
Thank you PeterS and Trevor. I'm sure you are both right.Also thanks for the explanations. Its nice to learn a new word. I've never heard of repetiteur but I'll be throwing it into the conversation every chance I get. Cheers.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post