CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nikki

5th October 2014, 18:57
Anyone else trying it this week?
I have spent ages on it this afternoon, and have to go out shortly.
I have pencilled-in only half of it (scattered), and am really struggling! So difficult when you can't be sure of many crossing letters!
Would appreciate a bit of a forum when I return to it tomorrow!
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

nlb

5th October 2014, 19:27
You are doing better than me, Nikki, I am finding this one vey difficult. And even a couple I have got seem to produce a conflict. 29a looks as though the letter to go will be a T but I need that in 28d.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

nlb

5th October 2014, 21:42
Thanks Nikki and Hankir. Slowly making progress.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

nikki

7th October 2014, 12:37
Sorry for belated reply. We have been without electricity until this morning (power cable down - reminiscent of a week without electricity over last Christmas!).
I had the answers to the clues you mentioned, Hankir, and have managed to finish the thing this morning. What a struggle! Last one in was the pulpit at 13a!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

lumen

9th October 2014, 19:43
I'm late starting this. looked nice, but finding it tough, maybe you can give me a few pointers before I pack it in, (it's Spectator tomorrow - that is my real fix!).
35a I thought was a dead cert, Sheng fui, without the F. But that doesn't fit with detests.
2d I have E?IR??E no idea how to proceed, guess the letter to remove is L as that give FALL in the quotation.
Big one at 11a I guess would be useful to get too.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

9th October 2014, 19:46
35, try "Feng Shui". I believe Sheng fui is a noodle dish, but I could be wrong.

2d, (L)evirate

11, denticu(L)ate

6 of 8  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

9th October 2014, 23:39
Don't give up lumen - help is available here:

http://www.thefrogman.net/

PS - speccie was a good one today!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

lumen

10th October 2014, 08:22
Thanks. I am getting there with it. About 65% complete.
Still rather embarrassed about sheng fui....which Wikipedia defines as 'placing all your furniture in the wrong place', so at least my mistake can raise a smile!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post