CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

29th September 2014, 13:38
Two to go still.

13a Daughter in hat, señorita lacking one? T?l?e

28d Absurd covers like the magazine's title m?s?h?a? (Masthead would fit but I can't think why)

Are they both really obvious I wonder? I still have a long way to go before I am as quick as most of the experts on this forum but I'll persevere! Thanks for anticipated enlightenment!
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

29th September 2014, 13:40
tilde (the name for the sign over the n in senorita)
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th September 2014, 13:41
13 Tilde, accent

D in Tile (hat)
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th September 2014, 13:42
Masthead

Absurd - Mad (around) as the
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th September 2014, 13:43
Masthead is the header on
a magazine
absurd: mad
as the (anagram)
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

29th September 2014, 13:47
Hi Chrise and Mamya. Thanks so much for answers and parsing. Easy when it's explained! Mind you, I'd never have thought of tile for hat! I live and learn. Bye for now.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

29th September 2014, 13:59
Hi Jazzgirl, thanks, I had no idea about a masthead being a heading for a magazine. Another new fact for today! The Times Jumbo is my absolute favourite puzzle, although I rarely finish it by the weekend. It's a good way to keep the old grey matter working. Sometimes I think I've done all I can do and then I pick it up again next day and voila! I can see a few more solutions which I thought were impossible. Thanks again Jazzgirl, I'll keep practising and perhaps get a little quicker!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th September 2014, 14:21
hi susan
The Times Jumbo cryptic is also one of my favourites. When I first tried tackling it, it would take 3 days or so before I finished. They vary in difficulty. This week's I found fairly straightforward and enjoyable. I find that if I stare too long at a clue and nothing happens, I leave it until the following morning and everything comes together at breakfast over a coffee. You will get quicker I know. Probably next week's will be a stinker !
8 of 8  -   Report This Post