CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

xwordman

5th February 2010, 17:44
19d Outlet indexes IT accessories.(10, 2words don't know their length) ?S???E?E??
I'm thinking escape or vent - probably on completely wrong track!
40a Hooker in bedroom prat (5) ?R??? tramp??
1 of 29  -   Report This Post

mamya

5th February 2010, 17:54
19 escape keys?
2 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajh

5th February 2010, 22:42
40 across BR-ASS?
3 of 29  -   Report This Post

xwordman

5th February 2010, 23:01
Thank you mamya and AJH - now I just need to work out how to connect the unclued lights.
4 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajh

5th February 2010, 23:22
xwordman
funnily enough I am in the middle of the same crossword -without giving too much away if I am right if you find the undefined clue-which made me jump when i found it and then make anagrams of it as the preamble says the unclued ones combine to define these
5 of 29  -   Report This Post

xwordman

6th February 2010, 10:17
Getting nowhere with the last bit AJH - the unclued lights i have are
green, inner, shallow, corolla, bract, dish, leaf and c?i?s (cries) although I guessed at some of the "fill in" letters. What do I do with these words? Help!
6 of 29  -   Report This Post

xwordman

6th February 2010, 10:40
Ah the penny has dropped - it has just leapt out to me!!!
7 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajh

6th February 2010, 12:32
xwordman
you have probably finished but just in case -two of your presumed words join to make the definition of an anagram of the undefined answer and may need to be checked and remember to highlight the requested entry
regards and good luck if you enter
8 of 29  -   Report This Post

xwordman

6th February 2010, 12:38
Many thanks AJH - I've just got the Greek coins!
Please let next week's be easier!!
9 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajh

7th February 2010, 17:47
xwordman-just for information-the title of the crossword also points the solver in the right direction-in this case Prank= pleat another anagram of the undefined word-I have only just started doing the Spectator and the Chambers Dictionary is always on hand for some of the answers -I do not profess to know all the words without its use I like doing it (the crossword that is) because solving it pushes my meagre brain further than the usual cryptics and thus I gain more satisfaction when I ,hopefully, correctly finish them.
10 of 29  -   Report This Post