CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

8th February 2010, 14:54
Thanks, Silly boy - I'll try again.
21 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th February 2010, 16:07
I hve done it using their printer logo - with this you get a choice of "custome size" I think that as the word, then you get a cursor with which you can outline the xword, then print. Sorry if this isn't explained very well, but I'm not a computer whiz.
22 of 29  -   Report This Post

silly boy

8th February 2010, 16:29
I think I've now finished all but 3d !! Cannot find a word to fit .... anyone voluteering ! And, would some nice person please tell me what to shade ..... me being a bit thick ! ;o)
23 of 29  -   Report This Post

silly boy

8th February 2010, 16:33
For those who have finished ..... is it 35a that I have to shade ? thanks
24 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th February 2010, 16:35
Thanks to you, Silly boy, I've just this minute finished it - a few crossings-out, so I must rewrite, but 3d is EOTHEN, and Chambers telle me it means eastern. The one you must shade is 35 ac. The various anagrams are - leapt, lepta, palet, pelta, petal, pleat and tepal. I haven't looked up the obscure ones! Good luck!
25 of 29  -   Report This Post

silly boy

8th February 2010, 16:39
That was hard ..... but enjoyable ! lol

Will have a look at the previous one now !
26 of 29  -   Report This Post

silly boy

8th February 2010, 16:47
AJT Please can you give me the address you found for 1949 .... I can't find it !
27 of 29  -   Report This Post

ajt

8th February 2010, 17:04
Sorry for the delay, Silly boy - I had to retrace my steps to see how I got there. I went to the Spectator website - the currecnt xword is in their "SmartEdition". On their home page go to "Wit and Wisdom" - this is the section that cntains their crossword, then put in the search box the number that you want - 1949. I hope you can find it. Do signal!
28 of 29  -   Report This Post

silly boy

8th February 2010, 17:13
Thanks very much ..... got it now. Going off-line for a while ..... got two Express crosswords to do + this one. Will be back if I get stuck ! lol ;o)
29 of 29  -   Report This Post