CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nelson

20th September 2014, 16:12
I have most of the answers but struggling to fit in grid.
I have an eleven letter answer for 9D, any idea if this starts in top or second row?
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

20th September 2014, 16:48
I've not got 9 D and I'm in much the same position as you when it comes to filling the grid. My answer to 22 D has eight letters and I couldn't see how that'd fit in the grid (ie it'd have to start in the fifth row, at the latest). I wondered if the As were Ds and vice versa! I'll carry on after dinner.
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

jogamel

20th September 2014, 16:49
Not coming with any help yet, Nelson. Appealing for help with 1d: rescue nearly ready for old Asian in African landscape. Also, 27a: crying: "rent boy's rear-end!" Anyone help please?
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

jogamel

20th September 2014, 16:55
Malone, I have a six letter answer for 22d
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

nelson

20th September 2014, 16:57
Thanks malone, maybe this is not as straightforward as it looks. Can't really get any As and Ds to mesh.
Perhaps break for dinner.

Jogamel. 1D, definition is 'african landscape' (7 letters starting with S).
27A definition is 'crying' (5 letters starting with T)

5 of 41  -   Report This Post

nelson

20th September 2014, 16:58
Wouldn't mind a hint with 22A.
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

20th September 2014, 16:59
Thanks, jogamel, I'll have another look.

I should have said that I wondered about the 'locating the normal, correctly numbered clues' bit in the preamble - could this mean that there are some that are not normal and/or correctly numbered?
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

malone

20th September 2014, 17:01
It's an answer that's appeared in quite a few crosswords - just a double definition, shrew and also police station. It's a short word. Is that any help?
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

jogamel

20th September 2014, 17:05
Thanks Nelson and Malone. Nelson - do you mean 22a or 22d? 22a is 4 letters beginning T and 22d what I write on prescriptions for three times a day, and a slang word for yes.
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

kobnut

20th September 2014, 17:14
I have got all the normal clues and filled them in the grid with the correct numbering and symmetry. However that leaves a number of blank spaces in addition to the specified unclued entries. I don't know what to do with these.
10 of 41  -   Report This Post