CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

16th September 2014, 11:39
A couple I have quibbles about today (7a and 3d, more particularly the latter). I thought 8a was dodgy too, until I saw the correct parsing!
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 12:41
hi Chris
I am borrowing my own laptop (from my son) until such time as he gets his own fixed. I cannot use the iPad as the flashing ads are driving me bonkers.
re: 7a I have no problem with the answer. 4 letter word for "to fuse" (Chambers confirms this is OK) + i for the iodine. Whole def. is to ***** a weapon or similar.
Still have a few more to complete, including 8a and 3d so cannot help yet. May be back later (if I am allowed ) ;0)
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th September 2014, 12:44
Hi jazzy
Best of luck with your site problems.

It was a very minor quibble about 7 - I didn't think "handle" was exactly accurate as the definition, but I accept that it's fairly close.
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 13:24
Back again while son at lunch: just a quickie:
3d I think the clue is OK, if you read "on" as "above"
8a I have a word meaning "indulge " or "indulge yourself" but apart from first 3 letters (synonym for "light"I am still trying to parse. ......off to eat....
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th September 2014, 13:44
3d my objection is that the answer isn't a golf course - it's a city! The golf course would have to (7,8,4,4)
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 13:48
Oh I see what you mean ChrisE.
re 8a I now see that the old city is 5 letters, but I have always spelt it with an O. + I "scoffed" at the end.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th September 2014, 13:50
wrong again !! Old city is UR.
Now finished the puzzle and need a coffee....
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th September 2014, 14:52
Hi all,
Just 5d to do. I have ? I ? R. The answer seems obvious but I can`t link it with `late` or `drink`.
Mags.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th September 2014, 14:52
Hi all,
Just 5d to do. I have ? I ? R. The answer seems obvious but I can`t link it with `late` or `drink`.
Mags.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th September 2014, 15:16
jazzy @7
Exactly my thought process

magworth @8
Support that sounds like one of my favourite alcoholic drinks.

"It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in."
10 of 17  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 39