CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

16th September 2014, 10:29
Didn't finish last week's because I just couldn't see the answer to 2d Spirit boozer's hidden under record player. I have d?i?n and presume the boozer could be inn. I'm therefore one letter short of the crossword! Can someone put me out of my misery?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th September 2014, 10:31
Djinn
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

16th September 2014, 10:36
Ooh! Just googled it and got really spooky pictures! Not someone you'd want to meet on a dark night! I learn something new every day. Thanks for enlightening me!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th September 2014, 10:42
You are welcome.
It can be found on Quick Solve at the top of this page. It's a very useful tool.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

16th September 2014, 11:01
Oh thanks ever so much Rossim. I've would never have noticed! That's another thing I've learned today! Have you done this week's jumbo? Once again, I'm stuck on the last one.
27d call to support theatrical clan (8) I have ?a?p?e?l and wonder if the word 'appeal' is a part of the answer (call). Will I kick myself, I wonder? Thanks in advance for help.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

16th September 2014, 11:03
27 Campbell, clan. I can't remember the parsing!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

16th September 2014, 11:04
27 Theatrical = Camp, call = Bell.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

susan

16th September 2014, 11:13
Ah brilliant. I was just trying to work out the parsing when you sent your second post. Well done. I was trying to come up with something theatrical out of mpbe and wasn't doing too well! Easy when it's explained! I don't think I'd have seen it if I'd spent all day on it! Thanks to Rossim and Malone for your help. Bye for now.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post