CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

15th September 2014, 17:52
I am giving up posting anymore until the flashing Listerine ad. moves somewhere else. It completely covers the "add post" box, after I have typed my message. I've tried to delete it five times
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th September 2014, 18:16
That's a pity, Jazzgirl!
I am on my phone.
No ads at all.
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

15th September 2014, 18:17
if you can install adblock plus, it's easy to turn it on and off when you want it.
i have to say that i've never seen so many adverse comments on ads on any other forum (all non payment sites).
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th September 2014, 18:21
I. will attempt to post this....
I am in on ipad and there is no way one can block the flashing ads. My son has borrowed my laptop so.....here goes at posting
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

brunel

15th September 2014, 18:26
Hi Jazzgirl, I downloaded Adblocker through Google
and it works fine no annoying ads at all!
give it a go.
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th September 2014, 18:27
Well done, Jazzgirl!
Sounds like good advice from Trevor.
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th September 2014, 18:28
And Brunel!
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th September 2014, 19:15
brunel and trevor
Thanks, but there is no way of installing adblock on ipad.. I have tried downloading apps. but their promises are false ;(

Here goes at trying to post......Now a Currys flashing ad. is blocking the "add post" box. .Will try closing it.......No, it has returned... trying again..... 5 mins. so far......grrrrr
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th September 2014, 19:32
I know I have said this before but I have partial sight and suffer migraines - I don't like to block the Ads if I can help it , as I know they fund the site.

However some are so intrusive they make me feel ill.
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th September 2014, 19:38
Gaufrid on fifteensquared asked for contributions a couple of years ago to keep the site viable, and had enough in a few days to cover it for three years (as I remember).

I would be quite happy to contribute to the running costs of the site as an alternative to adverts. However I wonder if the advertising revenue is greater than required simply to cover costs?
10 of 40  -   Report This Post