CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aquestion

15th September 2014, 09:49
I am tearing my hair out at my last two..1 down and 13 across, any hints would be gratefully received! Thanks
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th September 2014, 09:57
clues please + any special instructions?
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

aquestion

15th September 2014, 10:26
1d He serves criminal judgement taking a year without half of jury (8) and 13a Close up inside harbour...I think this one of these is thematic whereby it has no definition in the clue, and the answer is a region of France
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th September 2014, 10:57
how many letters? any placed?
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th September 2014, 11:02
1d looks like it could be an anagram of (ju) dgement + y but I can't find anything?

13a anagram of near + quay would give arquenay - region of france??
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

15th September 2014, 11:11
GANYMEDE, anag with T extra

MO(SEL)LE, close up = SEaL, A extra
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

aquestion

15th September 2014, 12:10
Brilliant thank you! I apologise sudukolover, I was very unhelpful, and neglected the fact that each clue's wordplay leads to a superfluous letter, but thanks for your efforts!
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

demeter

15th September 2014, 13:18
Is 8 down 'RF' ? And is this the first part of the bit to be shaded?
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

unclued

15th September 2014, 15:53
Hello Demeter - I was just about to email the same question. I have RF as the unclued light and I presume we highlight this with EURO. I wasn't too happy with France being a state (cf states of America). Can anyone else confirm? I know I 've said this before but I wish the setters could come up with a more original method of hiding a message - I groaned when I saw this one (again)!
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

15th September 2014, 16:37
Since one definition of state is "A body politic, especially one constituting a nation: the states of Eastern Europe", it seems perfectly fair. Keep in mind the constraints faced by the setter, in that the message must come from the extra letters. No room to fit "nation" in there.

10 of 12  -   Report This Post