CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT6

philip

2nd February 2010, 19:50
Guess John is now sheep sheering!

Takes about 30 mins despite some horrific clues. There is nothing that stands out except perhaps

Gently get key into apple (4)

Again no answers please, so others can puzzle on it

PHILIP
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

2nd February 2010, 21:17
Agreed - the fun has quite gone out of the RT crossword. Time for a change of compiler, methinks. Though your 30 minutes to complete beats my time.

PS Sheep sheering? What can that involve?
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

3rd February 2010, 07:17
The clue which you picked out, Philip, is the one which I got stuck on!

I wasn't aware that one could abbreviate the full name to three letters but, nevertheless, I still completed the puzzle in about half an hour.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

paul c

3rd February 2010, 21:17
Quite agree. A load of rubbish this week. So much so that it is obvious John from Arran has bought TV Quick!
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd February 2010, 22:51
Well, hello all. Been busy with preparations for the Drama Festival (building bits of scenery and various special effects) so not had much time until this evening. There was some bladder kicking on the TV so I sat down and did most of it in about 25 minutes, then another 15 minutes to get the last two! One of the worst I've seen for a while, particularly bad was:

23A Is nosey when hearing of trophy (5)

That implies that the trophy is heard in the answer and gave me considerable difficulty with the interlocking 21D. Once I figured out the answer to the latter then 23A was obvious, but I don't like knowing what the answer has to be and having to manipulate the clue until it fits.

What's the crossword like in TV Quick I wonder?

5 of 11  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

5th February 2010, 22:04
Hi All,
Managed all of this week's EXCEPT for 22Across. Cannot see any Crossword Help in these posts but
I hope someone will help me (and any other late
finishers).I do have C?A?
Thank you in anticipation.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

5th February 2010, 22:59
Isn't it odd how we all get stuck on different clues. That was the first one I solved. Here's an alternative (rather easy?) clue:

Lure inside Morrocco Axolotl (4)

Hope that helps
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

robtherich

6th February 2010, 11:07
Luckily, the clue John of Arran gave still works with Morocco spelled correctly... (Ooh, you bitch!)
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

6th February 2010, 12:08
Hi all. I have finally (this am) cracked it. 'key' seems to be any letter from music! Eat Good Bread Dear Father gives egbdf while FACE gives the other letters. PC gives a lovely detail
of Cox's pippin apples.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th February 2010, 14:20
robtherich scrobe:

Luckily, the clue John of Arran gave still works with Morocco spelled correctly... (Ooh, you bitch!)

You said it!!! How about:

Lure inside Chocoan Axolotl missing a knight (4)

Now that is obscure.

10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT6