CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lmj

30th August 2014, 01:55
Hi girls

Not been on here for a while simply because I have needed too many answers to the clues in the DM! But want to share with you is that my daughter took me to Stratford on Avon horse racing yesterday, she has been on holiday this week and wanted something to do. The first race had only 5 horses and the first one that I saw was Jazzy Lady. So I backed it £2.00 each way, it came in second and I won £4.20p so I was 20p up !! After that it went all down hill. I could not see a horse with Elle as that is my daughters name too. Well it is Helen but we call her either 'H' or Elle. As you Jazz and Elle along with a load of others have helped me with answers on the DM thought you would bring me luck which you did albeit 20p!!

I have a follow up for my eyes on 8 September and hopefully can get back to Spain until Xmas.

Started driving again, liberation at last again!! Not driven in ages.

Goodnight speak to you soon.

Linda xx

1 of 3  -   Report This Post

elle

30th August 2014, 08:46
Hi Lin!
So where are we going to celebrate..........?!
I've only been horse -racing once - although we certainly did it in great style! A friend invited us to share his box at Ascot.....dinner served beforehand etc - with viewing from the balcony. Very swish!
I enjoyed it more tho when we went down to the racetrack - you feel really involved then.
Like you, I didn't win much; we had a very low limit that we promised ourselves beforehand to stick to - it was fun though, we had a great day!
Re your eyes, I'm glad to hear that you can drive again. And only a week to go before your check up.........
Presumably you will still be able to use the Forum when back in Spain? You must keep in touch.......
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

lmj

30th August 2014, 16:32
Hi Elle

Sounds nice at Ascot. But agree it is better down by the track, much more atmosphere. I'm not a great horse race fan, but now an then is okay. I have no idea how to check form, and tend to go for names instead.

I will be able to pick up the forum from Spain. My hubby tells me that it is so hot there no one can sleep or even breathe. And told me to stay where I was. Do you think he is trying to tell me something?.

To be honest when it is that hot, then although the weather here is a little mixed at the moment I think I am better off in the UK. Although I am missing everyone. But will miss I my girls when I go back. Can't win really, especially at the race track!!!!

Nice chatting to you as always, speak to you soon.

Linda x
3 of 3  -   Report This Post