CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

furrypusscat

24th August 2014, 09:27
Buxton Mountain Rescue Quiz 8.
60 questions Cryptic/General Knowledge/Anagrams of place names in British Isles containing either a drink or food item including things used on food or in recipes.
Closing date: 31st December, 2014.

1st Prize: £10 / 2nd Prize £5 randomly picked from all returned sheets.

£1 plus sae to Mrs G Halliday,
'Lorien', Main Road,
Stickney,
Boston,
Lincolnshire, PE22 8AG.

Cheques payable to Buxton Mountain Rescue Team. (if cash please secure well) Also again available by email via Paypal using following link. £1.40p if using this method to cover PayPal charges. If link does not open, copy & paste into web browser.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LDBK56NCTRZXA

Email gillianihalliday@gmail.com should there be any queries. Thank you for your ongoing support
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

furrypusscat

24th August 2014, 09:32
Quiz 7 Answers & Results.
1. Chesterfield.
2. Ribchester.
3. Three Legged Cross.
4. Headstone.
5. Footbridge/Handbridge/Bridgefoot/Nailbridge
6. Tongue.
7. Swan Bottom.
8. Kneep.
9. Calfsound.
10. Skinnerton.
11. Goon Gumpas.
12. Handsworth.
13. Tweedmouth .
14. Armitage.
15. Breaston.
16. Carmichael.
17. Bucklegate.
18. Birchington.
19. Rosehearty.
20. Clungunford.
21. Chandler’s Green.
22. Earl Shilton.
23. Staplegrove.
24. Lanlivery.
25. Tiptoe.
26. Galleyend.
27. Chipping Norton.
28. Braeface/Braehead.
29. Penistone.
30. Charmouth/ Burnmouth.
31. Brown Edge.
32. Islip.
33. Pewterspear.
34. Shiplake.
35. Bantaskin.
36. Newton Purcell.
37. Dorchester.
38. Palmarsh.
39. Backbarrow.
40. Catbrain.
41. Jaw Hill.
42. Plungar.
43. Bellyeoman.
44. Great Yarmouth.
45. Noseley.
46. Ditchingham.
47. Nailstone.
48. Frankley.
49. Liverpool.
50. Birkenhead.
51. Eyemouth.
52. Hearthstone.
53. Braintree.
54. Lee-on-the-Solent.
55. Washington.
56. New England.
57. Westhumble.
58. Clipstone/Nailstone.
59. Cellardyke.
60. Yattendon.
On behalf of Buxton Mountain Rescue Team, I would like to thank everyone for their support and hope you will continue by buying Quiz 8. Total sales plus many extra donations which included the cash prizes generously handed back by the winners of the previous quiz totalled £292 and now makes an overall amount raised for the team of £1354. There were 113 returned sheets with 57 all correct.
Thank you also for your lovely comments which make it all the more worthwhile carrying on.

Winner of £10 prize drawn out of 'all correct' returned sheets: Mr. David Winfield, Penkridge. Stafford.
Winner of £5 prize picked at random from 'all' returned sheets: Mrs Barbara High, Dereham. Norfolk.
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

furrypusscat

24th August 2014, 19:45
Sorry busby, I noticed your posting on my last entry for BMR quiz 7 earlier today when I looked back and meant to thank you for your advice re the PayPal link. If you read this, you will see I amended the link on my latest quiz information. Thank you for your advice.
3 of 3  -   Report This Post