CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

perplexed puzzler

17th August 2014, 22:45
Have struggled with this but now have just 3 left - really perplexing me. Can't give number of letters but all will be 7 letters or more.
6a. This clan could make Castel Gandolfo some flow devices. (I think it might end in 'gates')
29d One such as Cunningham spilt liquid over Oscar during New Year Festival. (2 words and the New Year Festival is 'tet'.)
30d A woman rambling on safer island (answer will include letters r?sina in that order but with a group of other letters also in it at some point, could be before, after or in the middle somewhere)
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

jim360

17th August 2014, 22:51
6a is FLOODGATES (compound anagram, "clan + floodgates" = "castel gandolfo").

29d refers to John Cunningham the TEST PILOT (anag "split"+O[scar] in TET, grid entry is presumably TEST.

30d ROSINA, anag "on sar i[sland]", remove the letters "fe" to give part of the message.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

perplexed puzzler

18th August 2014, 00:03
Thanks Jim, I'd forgotten that I was waiting to see whether 29 or 30 provided the fe - it could have been either.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

19th August 2014, 21:11
I've got a few to get. Can anyone help with hints, please?
Preamble as perplexed puzzler said above, with types of light/lamp being removed before entry.

1a) Old people confuse friendships after eighty
8 letters in the grid entry. R?mit?e?

12a) Special group in end section splits up
6 letters in grid entry. D?ite?

Thank you.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

buzzb

20th August 2014, 04:14
1A: FOGRAMITES

I am stuck on 12a also. The grid entry is D?ITES and it must be one of the thematic ones
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

buzzb

20th August 2014, 04:20
Got it: DISUNITES (S + UNIT in DIE + S)
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

20th August 2014, 09:23
Thanks, buzzb.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post