CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

29th January 2010, 22:09
Mamya,
Thank god for that,I was a bit worried there.
This use of multiple names is getting out of hand.
19 of 27  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th January 2010, 22:15
I agree with DYR that its a nice little quiz and as stated as long as the words fit the numbers and make sense they will be considered, but seems its the way things go now.If its a raffle for the prize then so be it.

Again we return to the old debate, of which there seems to be no concensus. I guess you cannot uninvent the wheel?
20 of 27  -   Report This Post

terry

29th January 2010, 22:21
Maybe, but how can you take seriously someone who is afraid to use their usual name. Indeed, why should listen to them at all.
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

juliasal

29th January 2010, 22:30
is "do you really" offered to me as a clue or as an answer to my posting? I would prefer to know who wants to berate me for asking for 'clues' . I would like to thank terry and mamya for their opinions on this subject, and i did not try to resurrect a problem for anyone, perhaps i should quietly disappear into anonimity.
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

terry

29th January 2010, 22:36
Juliasal,
I wouldn't worry about "do you really". They are obviously a gutless windbag who shouldn't be taken seriously.
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

why should i

29th January 2010, 22:41
You mean there really are people called dairy box and puzzle crazy well well well
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

helena

29th January 2010, 22:48
juliasal
you did nothing wrong so why should you feel guilty, you requested alternative clues not answers and the clues. don't be put of by one anonymous malicious posting deter you from coming onto this site again. i will be happy to help you in the future, if i can.
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

juliasal

29th January 2010, 22:51
Hello 'Why should I', You remind me of when my children were told to do something, and the stock answer was "why should I", but when your an adult you realise it was so you grew up to respect other people and live in harmony.
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

mamya

29th January 2010, 23:07
I agreed with DYR`s points, but I agree you should put your head above the parapet really, Julia you did the right thing and this often happens.
I have been guilty too, giving crossword answers when full clues are not given, simply because I have seen it asked before, so we all err in some way. I would never claim to be perfect and I understand sometimes the kudos of getting the right answer may be appealing.

What is worse is when you give clues then someone thinks its great to solve them! It does put you off contributing somewhat.
27 of 27  -   Report This Post